Chicago Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Services
Automobiles and other means of transportation are the chief causes of personal injury today. Moreover, resulting injuries are often severe, leaving parties with significant bodily harm, permanent disabilities, and a lengthy recovery period. Transportation liability is a broad area of personal injury law that involves drivers, pedestrians, and passengers and encompasses car, motorcycle, semi-trailer, boating, airplane, bus, taxi, train, and ATV accidents, rollovers, and collisions.
Recovering compensation in transportation liability cases is a complex and detailed legal process. Within this legal framework, injured victims must navigate their claims against large insurance providers who have experienced and skillful attorneys working on their side. Without competent legal representation, injured parties are vulnerable to attack and their right to recovery can be seriously diminished or even completely destroyed.
Choosing the Best Illinois Car Accident Attorney for You
Choosing the right attorney is the most significant step in your process of recovery. But with over 80,000 licensed attorneys in the state of Illinois, many of them based in the Chicago area, this may seem like a daunting task. Here is a list of useful tips that can help you find the right attorney and get you started on your path to recovery:
- First of all, it should be verified that the lawyer has malpractice coverage and is licensed to practice law in Illinois. This can be discovered via the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission website.
- Next, there are a host of factors one should consider before hiring an injury lawyer: how many years has he or she been practicing? How many cases has he or she tried before a jury? What are some of his or her representative results?
- Once you have checked this out, you will want to interview your lawyer-to-be. Do you feel comfortable with this person? Will he or she return your phone calls and emails personally and promptly? Does he or she explain things you do not understand in a way that is understandable?
- Finally, there are also other factors that must be considered. For instance, in some cases, Medicare may have an automatic lien on your case. If your attorney is not experienced in handling these matters, you could be left having to pay back Medicare for the medical payments they have made on your behalf.
- Additionally, there are other liens and reimbursement agreements that may exist between you and your treating doctors, or insurance companies. You need an experienced lawyer who handles these types of things regularly in order to protect yourself from potential liability and also to maximize your recovery.
Please take a few moments to visit the Attorney Profile and Results page to learn more about attorney Stephen Hoffman and how he has been able to help other injured parties. You may also wish to read our Blog and learn other important information that can help protect you and your loved ones.